Do you need to lose weight, tone up, or shape up? First, avoid fad diets, potions, pills & creams. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. You can’t lose dramatic amounts of weight in a short period of time – at least not in a way that is healthy and will last.
So here are some safe weight-loss tips:
1. Watch your portion sizes.
2. Limit sugar and white flour products.
3. Don’t skip meals. Always eat breakfast.
4. Eat a variety of foods with plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
5. Lower your intake of saturated fat.
6. Limit sodium & cholesterol.
7. Exercise on a regular basis – 30-60 minutes on most days of the week.
8. Include strength training in your exercise program.
Don’t fall for things that are too good to be true Lose weight the right way.
Frank Thomas is owner of Innovations Fitness. If you need help in how to establish a proper weight-loss plan, contact him or one of the Innovations Fitness staff members at 770-898-9691.